The summer break from school, combined with the first signs of autumn and a couple of newly acquired patterns, means I’ve recently sewn up several garments. Two have been photographed, two are finished and ready for photos and another is cut out so I can begin sewing it up. I’ll be blogging them in no particular order.

I bought the Sew Over It Heather PDF when there was a 30% off sale, and unusually for me got it printed, taped and cut out quickly. This is actually my second Heather, but the first to be blog ready.


It has huge pockets which make it a cosy make – but may mean the fit looks a little odd on some of the photos!

I added 3 inches to the length of this one, and went for the three quarter sleeves, a length I really like, especially for when the weather is chilly but not properly cold. 

The sleeves seem to go in so easily on this pattern, though I may nip a tiny bit more out of the neckband next time ~ I feel like a little excess fabric can make it appear a little square on this version. I used a lilac/grey (heather, if you will!) jersey that I think I may have bought at Sew Up North last year. Sewing with jersey (successfully) is still a huge novelty for me, so I’m really pleased with how this turned out.


I cut out a size 12 but kept the seam allowances to 1cm. I used the overlock stitch on my sewing machine to finish all of the seams, and am really happy with how neat this made the insides.


I’ve already worn this dress a few times – it just seems so easy to throw on, and perfect for the current climate. I already have a third Heather cut out and fabric on standby for a fourth. These photos were taken in Sheffield, during a visit to a pub for a lovely lunch with my mum and dad – thanks Mum for taking the pics!

Advertisements