I’m enjoying reading everyone’s resolutions and have been thinking about my own, both personal and sewing related, for 2015. I tend to set the same general ones each year; cook more, read more, and although I don’t fully achieve them I’m happy for then to be ongoing ambitions. Lots of parts of 2014 made me happy, so after much reflection I have resolved to do more of everything! Cooking, reading, sewing, blogging, walking, Instagram-ing….
1) To increase the range of patterns, fabrics and techniques I use and am comfortable with (pretty all-encompassing, I know)
2) To create more homemade gifts and to sew for other people. This partly links to another resolution, to be more organised, in order to give me adequate time to make items for both myself and others, as well as enabling me to source the required notions and fabrics in good time.
3) To improve my finishes. Most of my makes definitely could NOT be worn inside out. I like French seams and pinking but that’s about it so far. Would an overlocker change my life?
4) To increase my blogging network. I have already ‘met’ some lovely fellow sewists with whom I exchange comments, but I would like to expand this further. Lisa’s #sewingsanta was a brilliant end to the year and I would love to be involved in similar projects.
5) Sew more, blog more. Nuff said.