Easy as A B C

To start the year I decided that I would like a bit of a theme for some of my makes. I really like how Roisin creatively names each dress she makes, and I am filled with admiration at how quickly Sarah whips up her beautiful numbered makes. But that’s their thing, so I pondered for a while what mine could be for 2016.

 Probably whilst I was out walking, it clicked. I would give a name to my dresses (not all of my makes, just the dresses, which are my favourite thing to make and wear) but rather than any arbitrary kind of name, each one would start with the letters of the alphabet, in order. Once I had decided this, it all seemed a bit obvious – I am a teacher, after all.

 It does mean that I have to become a bit more organised in terms of the order in which  I blog my makes. I’ve just completed my C~dress but haven’t yet properly photographed or blogged my A~dress, so I already have some catching up to. What’s more, A, B and C dresses had obvious titles based on their prints. I’m about to begin D and nothing is jumping out at me. I’m sure I can use a little imagination, if needs be. Delightful, Delirious, Dreamy…


9 responses to “Easy as A B C

  1. That’s a great idea! I’m still in love with your CH flash cards ❤

    Liked by 1 person

  2. Cool! I’m looking forward to this!

    Liked by 1 person

  3. A cloud print? Great idea, looking forward to following along 🙂

    Liked by 1 person

  4. Good idea! It will be interesting when you get to x and z ! Love the flashcards

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Instagram ccmercer

Yesterday I spent most of the day at this beautiful old hotel. It even had a doorman. •
#manchester #hotel #conference #christmas #christmastree #traditional Today I travelled to a conference in Manchester, and whilst exploring the local area came across an extremely festive German Christmas market. •
#manchester #manchesterchristmasmarkets #christmasinmanchester #festive #market #christmasmarket #garlands #wreaths #decoration #trimmings #santa #fatherchristmas Festive fun at today’s #PercyPud
10k road race ~ plenty of Christmas costumes, dogs wearing Christmas jumpers + even Christmas music 🎶 Lovely route & love the Christmas pud + tshirt. •
#10k #race #roadrace #christmas #christmasrace #festive #christmaspud #christmaspudding Second day of #ru2c ~ definitely motivating me to get there + start counting the miles 🎄 Today’s run was just a steady jog with dogs off their leads.
#run #running #rungry #runuptoChristmas #weekend #dogjog #runningwithdogs #runnersofinstagram Up and out early this morning, transporting players to a football match in the middle of the beautiful Lincolnshire countryside. The sun shone so brightly it was hard to see, but that’s not something to complain about this far into November. The team played well and they won 🙌🏼
#football #localfooty #matchday #footballmatch #footballboots #mud #muddy #win #victory #goretford #retfordstripes #sunday Ending a busy week with a bit of quilting ~ trying to plan my Christmas gifts as I know time will run away with me! Watching Children in Need and indulging in a @masonsyorkshiregin Yorkshire tea gin 🍸
#quilting #christmas #christmasgift #friday #fridaynight #homemade #memade #weekend

Follow me on Twitter

Flickr Photos

Top Posts & Pages


Flag Counter}

Save 10% at Elephant In My Handbag

Insert code Marking99 *first use only*



Follow Making and Marking on WordPress.com
The Monthly Stitch


%d bloggers like this: